Wheel refurb

tomfarr

I got championship white standard wheels, what can you use to touch up a chuff? I don't want to get them refurbed coz I don't want to change the colour.

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Championship white touch-ins are on ebay, genuine Honda or none genuine. As most of my touch-ins are out of site, I bought none genuine for around £3. Match was pretty much perfect. Used it on my OE wheels as well and it covered well.

Or is the damage bad enough that it needs repairing and filling first?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
?? Without coming across negative..... what about championship white?? Just a thought. ......:p

Honda, NH0 touch up pen, job done.

ps: the title of the post and the question being asked do contradict them selves somewhat. haha. A refurb would bring them back to as new condition though, much better than any touch up. ;)

tomfarr

Jimmer said:
?? Without coming across negative..... what about championship white?? Just a thought. ......:p

Honda, NH0 touch up pen, job done.

ps: the title of the post and the question being asked do contradict them selves somewhat. haha. A refurb would bring them back to as new condition though, much better than any touch up. ;)
I hear you can't get championship white though,true? I don't want the slightest difference :( I like genuine honda championship white!!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thats why I said honda..... As genuine as they come. Haha

And thats why I also said a refurbishment will be better than touch up ;)

tomfarr

Jimmer said:
Thats why I said honda..... As genuine as they come. Haha
And thats why I also said a refurbishment will be better than touch up ;)
Championship white? Do they do refurbs there? They expensive?

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Think you're misunderstanding mate...The touch ups are available genuine from any honda dealer. Jimmer is just saying that a refurb will always be better than a touch up.

Rom

Advanced Member
If your anal enough to what a perfect colour match....a touch up isnt going to cut it.

It will always look touched up.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
A refurb is probably your best way forward. Looking at £400 for a refurb.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

integraleo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
A refurb is probably your best way forward. Looking at £400 for a refurb.

Really??? I had mine done last year,acid dipped,shot blasted and painted in gloss black for 50 quid a wheel

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Really??? I had mine done last year,acid dipped,shot blasted and painted in gloss black for 50 quid a wheel
Yes, that's what I've been quoted to have my OEM silver alloys done in Gloss or Championship white.

Where did you get yours done mate if you don't mind me asking?

Also, didn't you do some preparation work yourself from what I recall?

Marc

integraleo

Advanced Member
Dropped them off with a guy called the wheel man in a town close to me. He does wheel refurbs for porshe and Aston Martin. No I didn't do any prep work I just dropped the wheels off

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Christ, he's cheap.

Where is he based? Mine are a bit of a mess though mate. Does he charge more if they need more work doing to them?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Based in Barnstaple north devon.my wheels weren't curbed just scratched up and faded slightly flaky paint. Can't see him charging more to be honest. He's an old guy that works out of a shed but I can't complain about the job he done

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It's far away from me as I'm North Wales but I'm still tempted to go to him especially at that price.

I wonder if he'd let me deliver them to him rather than have to travel all the way down perhaps?

integraleo

Advanced Member
To be honest around here that's normal price nothing special,just ask around a few places near you and get some more quotes. 400 seems vastly overpriced for a simple wheel refurb

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I've seen wheels that have been anodised and they look great.

Does anyone know what the difference is? Thought about getting mine done that way.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
To be honest around here that's normal price nothing special,just ask around a few places near you and get some more quotes. 400 seems vastly overpriced for a simple wheel refurb
Yeah I think I will.

There's a place called Wheelsmart but they're mega expensive.

I might ask around and see if anyone can do it for cheap, or cheaper than what I've been quoted, thanks mate.

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
£400 is nowhere near.

Around £40 a wheel is good value, but I'd budget about £200ish for it

Rom

Advanced Member
Anodising is a electrochemical coating.
Wheel is submerged in liquid, current applied through it. And voila.

I have to agree, £400 is steep.
I had a car painted, which cost around £3k. So hardly a cheap bodyshop (work was impeccable, engine out, pretty much bare shell) and they only charged me £250 to acid dip (I think it was) shot blast, and paint. Including faffing around with stickers before lacquer.
Rims weren't terrible, but needed some repair work too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk