For those who've installed Alpine iDA-X001 (and KCE-300BT)

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
After reading so many good reviews I have managed to pick up a nearly new example with the bluetooth unit for just over £300. :D

With the remains of what used to be my hands after removing the front fascia, I have started to unplug the previous double DIN unit from the blue socket loom. Thought I was going to have to do lots of soldering, but then read this topic so thats the wiring sorted for the headunit.

Couple of questions:

1. The manual seems to suggest I should have some mounting brackets for either side of the headunit before it goes into the frame, but I can't seem to find any. As the thing is second hand, I can't be sure if they did come in the box, but the previous owner didn't pass them on... Did you have them supplied??

2. Wiring for the KCE-300BT unit is going to be more interesting I think. I read somwhere it has to power up at the same time as the headunit so they can sync. I need to somehow splice its BATT and ACC wires into the appropriate lines feeding the headunit. The wiring loom for the head unit provides a split-out for the ACC ('1' on picture) so this is not a problem, but the BATT line doesn't get the same luxury! Shall I just use the existing connector in the yellow wire ('2') to fudge a connection, or can you buy ready made split-outs to go inline?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Just splice the wires in to the ISO loom using scotch blocks. Red to Red etc.
Its as easy as that for the Bluetooth add on.

As for the HU I bolted mine through the metal frame Irc. I cannot remember having any issues installing either TBH.

The problem started when 2 of my phones were too old to sync with the phone kit as the software on 1 was too old and the other would sync then cut out after 30secs or so.

Alpine customer services are very good if you have any issues with it.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Thanks for info, just seems amazing that two Alpine products aren't more compatible so you have to do your own work on the wires! :(

The HU seems to have bolted into the frame as you say, possibly pulling it in a little, but screws can hold it easily.

Just found that the 'male' aerial socket from the car doesn't fit into the 'female' socket on the back of the HU so assume an adaptor is needed to go from larger to smaller pin size...

LeeH

Advanced Member
Halfords sell the adaper irc.

Did you get your phone to pair?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
for some reason Alpine's instructions for the BT unit are a little vague, it is very difficult to pair the first phone after that its a doddle, I installed the BT unit in my wifes s2k with a new style imprint HU several months ago and helped alpine tech support with the Iphone setup, at that time I was the only person who had the phone working as well as audio from the phone.
I don't work in the industry anymore but a very good pal of mine has a shop in Bristol, its very near Feeder rd, he will have ariel adaptors in stock and will be able to sort out the pairing, It is called Ice Designs, ask for James 01179716278
if you prefer and can wait till wednesday come round to mine and i'll do it for you.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Got the phone to pair alright first time, but doesn't seem to want to auto-pair every time I go back to the car. Pressing the 'Phone' button on the headunit comes up with some 'no device found' message, so I have to manually pair them from the phone's bluetooth menu... :?

Also every time they pair up, it takes about a minute to do an update, which I assume is the phonebook and call lists being synced. Its like its doing a complete transfer again, rather than just the delta.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
Got the phone to pair alright first time, but doesn't seem to want to auto-pair every time I go back to the car. Pressing the 'Phone' button on the headunit comes up with some 'no device found' message, so I have to manually pair them from the phone's bluetooth menu... :?

Also every time they pair up, it takes about a minute to do an update, which I assume is the phonebook and call lists being synced. Its like its doing a complete transfer again, rather than just the delta.
i have a sony ericsson k850i and it auto-pairs if my bluetooth is on (which it always is). it might be your phone, there is a link on here somewhere that takes you to the different functions that are compatible with different phones, its in this section somewhere.

i updates everytime its paired, even if you stall ( :oops: doesnt happen too often mind) and the head unit loses power as you turn the engine back on. i dont think it stores any data on the headunit, just accesses it from the phone, hence everytime.... Updating. it still works, you just have to make the call from the phone, or it doesnt come up with the name if you recieve a call.

HTH :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
The HU does retain the phone book.

I have deleted numbers off my K850i but they remain on the UH phonebook.

Its strange that yours has to update every time :?

LeeH

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
maybe my bluetooth unit doesnt have a constant power supply and yours does??

:?
Yes mine does. Yours will have if you connected a 3 wires. Its Yellow irc which is the permanent supply....................or is it Red :? :lol:

Either way if you tap in to the ISO loom colour for colour you cannot get it wrong.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Yeah, red is the ACC line (ignition) and yellow is the BATT (permanent) line.

Rather weirdly, my phone seems to be auto-pairing today, although it may be linked to the fact that I turned the ignition straight on, rather than letting the HU boot up when the key is initially turned, then turning the engine on causing the HU to lose power again.

My phone is a Nokia 6233 btw.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
drivebymonkey said:
maybe my bluetooth unit doesnt have a constant power supply and yours does??

:?
Yes mine does. Yours will have if you connected a 3 wires. Its Yellow irc which is the permanent supply....................or is it Red :? :lol:

Either way if you tap in to the ISO loom colour for colour you cannot get it wrong.
i didnt install it myself but i might have a look at it when i get i minute to see what they did back there. :D