dc5???

DC5boy

I am interested in buying either a dc5 integra type R or a new Audi s3. can anyone tell me the performance figures for the dc5? o-60 etc
Cheers

mikegsi

Staff member
welcome to the site mate, all the answers to your questions can be found using the search button, these topics have been covered numerous times as im sure you can imagine!!

if there's anything iinparticular your curious about and cant find it on here then shout up!!

we wont bite! :wink:

matt b

Advanced Member
FWD dont do 0-60 very well due to traction off the line! 60-100mph or 0-100mph is alot better for real world performance 8)

E.g

Subaru Impreza RB5 (Prodrive)

0-60mph 5.12 secs
0-100mph 14.17 secs
60-100mph 9.06 secs

Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)

0-60mph 6.00 secs
0-100mph 14.89 secs
60-100mph 8.89 secs

Reading in the lines the DC5 will b faster after 60mph which out on a track is where you spend most of your time!

But down the pub you wouldnt be the man :lol:

DC5boy

Only realy started looking at them tbh. nice car, as im sure you will all agree lol. Yeah s3 is about 5.7 to 60 but like some of you have mentioned its not all about 0-60. Im still 17. Will be getting car next year. Have just a 04 cooper at the moment so will appreciate anything with more than a 1.6 litre engine and 115bhp.
cheers

Neil_H

Advanced Member
DC5boy said:
Only realy started looking at them tbh. nice car, as im sure you will all agree lol. Yeah s3 is about 5.7 to 60 but like some of you have mentioned its not all about 0-60. Im still 17. Will be getting car next year. Have just a 04 cooper at the moment so will appreciate anything with more than a 1.6 litre engine and 115bhp.
cheers
I think you will struggle to get insured on a DC5 at 18, but good luck - great cars!

DC5boy

Looked at cars of equivalent power for e.g new golf r32. cheapest quote was £7k though. ive done passplus and will do advanced, hopefully 1 years ncb by then aswell lol. touch wood.
cheers

liktup

Advanced Member
Surely a Japanese comparable to the S3 would be a Subaru, at least then you are comparing apples with apples :)

The power figures of the DC5 do nothing to explain what the car is all about and the enjoyment gained from driving it :wink: 8)

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Have you had a insurance quote on a dc5? i would say its on par with the r32! :shock:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
cliowner said:
Have you had a insurance quote on a dc5? i would say its on par with the r32! :shock:
I would say it's a few shots under par - the R32 isn't even group 20....or an import....

DC5boy said:
Looked at cars of equivalent power for e.g new golf r32. cheapest quote was £7k though. ive done passplus and will do advanced, hopefully 1 years ncb by then aswell lol. touch wood.
cheers
I wouldn't expect that quote to be much different next year. Do yourself a favour and build your no claims up first.

DC5boy

yea just would like to get involved in the action before the dc5 all turn in to high milers!!!!

Neil_H

Advanced Member
We were all 17 once.....I know what it's like. But it ain't gonna happen mate, unless you feel like paying half the value of the car just to insure it.

I had a 1.2 Nova when I was 17 for exactly that reason :)